This book is a companion to the Vision series of saint's biographies (also published by Ignatius Press). It is a wonderful help to extending the biographies into a full-blown unit study, if you wish, or just to help enrich the reading. For each of the 17 books covered in Saints of the Church , the author includes:
- an overview of the book
- vocabulary lists broken out by chapter
- quotations from the books called "Language in Context" that develop comprehension and illustrate various literary devices
- Time Line information
- Outline Map information
- Numerous topics for written reports on various levels
- Biographical sketches of other famous people in the book
- "Turning to Scripture and Catechism" which requires looking up various verses or topics in the Bible and the Catechism; this is done to "make connections between the saint's life and the living tradition of the Catholic Church."
- Discussion questions
This is a wonderful, well-organized, and thorough guide to really getting the most out of the Vision books...likely just the kind of thing we would do on our own if we had the time.